Self-care is a complex process. Face masks are included in this complex. Skincare products are different and it is important to find the right company and that supplier. which suit you best. And the most important thing in this process is to find your beautician. And many of them will be able to give you their evaluative opinion about face masks. Here we will name some important facts about this product.
What are the benefits of face masks?
Firstly, it is a quick way to achieve the desired result (moisturize, nourish or tighten the skin).
Secondly, it is a great budget alternative to salon care. They contribute:
- reduction of inflammatory processes on the skin;
- rapid regeneration of damaged epidermis;
- natural synthesis of collagen and elastin, which are responsible for the turgor (firmness and elasticity) of the skin;
- slowing down the aging process;
- healthy and bright skin color;
- whitening and highlighting the most pigmented areas;
- cleansing the skin of dead cells, dirt, and sebum;
- reduction of irritation after cleansing procedures, including acid peels.
The main thing when choosing a mask, remember your skin type! A product that is suitable for the oily epidermis is contraindicated for people with dry or sensitive skin.
What are the types of masks?
Face masks sold in stores may have a cream, gel, paraffin, powder, collagen, or silicone texture. Some of them can be used immediately, while others need to be diluted with water, bringing the desired consistency.
The most popular masks are:
- Gel. Like a light gel, easy to apply and rinse off. Delicately care for the skin of the face, toning and refreshing it. Contribute to the retention of moisture in the deep layers of the dermis.
- Cream. They have a nourishing cream texture. Easy to apply and well absorbed by the skin. They contain components that nourish and moisturize the face, preventing the destruction of its hydrolipidic mantle. As a rule, they do not need to be washed off.
- Clay. Made on the basis of red, white, or other clay. In addition, natural ingredients can be added to it. They help to get rid of inflammatory processes, dry out acne, make acne and post-acne marks less noticeable.
- Alginate. They are made from alginate clay, to which useful extracts, amino acids, and nutritional nutrients are added. This mask is applied all over the face. Even on lips and eyes. It soothes the skin and gives it a radiant, youthful appearance.
- Fabric. They look like a “face” made of fabric and have slits for the eyes, nose, and lips. Such a mask is impregnated with liquid, providing lightening, strengthening, moisturizing, matting the skin, and the like.
- Collagen. Ideal for moisturizing, nourishing, and restoring lips and eyes. They have a gel texture and cool the sensitive epidermis, contributing to its regeneration and toning.
However, despite all the benefits of face masks, it is not recommended to do them daily. In this case, the ingredients contained in their composition simply will not have time to work to the fullest. Nutrient components need 1-2 days to fully reveal their effect on the skin. Therefore, it is important that oversaturation does not occur. After all, it can adversely affect the skin. This is because the composition of each mask is individual, and mixing the ingredients together can lead to negative consequences. For example, if the components of the masks have not had time to be absorbed by the skin, then these elements can react.
When is a mask needed?
An unexpected date, a business dinner after work, a party after a long day at work, a long flight, swelling in the morning – in all these situations, an express mask will save you. It will quickly refresh the skin and help you quickly “shine”. Acne, oily skin, dry skin, rosacea, wrinkles, pigmentation, dehydration, dull complexion – pick up a mask. A good mask will help smooth out the problem in one application, and with a competent integrated approach, completely get rid of the problem. And sometimes you just want rest, tenderness, and “something tasty”. Lie in a fragrant bath with candles and pleasant music with a relaxing spa mask on your face – what could be better after a hard day?