Thai massage is a one-of-a-kind massage style that combines acupressure along the body’s energy lines with yoga-inspired poses and stretches. Many of those who have experienced getting a Thai massage attest to the relaxing and invigorating effect of this ancient healing art
With the increasing popularity of this technique, a lot of spas and massage clinics began to offer Thai massage. However, it takes a skilled Thai massage practitioner for you to be able to enjoy the full benefits of this massage style.
So how do you look for the most suitable Thai massage therapist who can cater to your needs? In this article, we will share some tips to help you find excellent Thai massage therapists in New York City.
Below are the different ways of finding Thai massage therapists in your area.
Whether you’re driving, strolling around your neighborhood, or travelling via public transportation, keep your eyes open for spas and clinic that offer Thai massage. You may not notice it before, but there are surely some out there worth checking out.
Take note of their business names and do some research about them later on.
Because Thai massage is a well-known massage style, it is possible that there are some people within your social circle who has gotten a Thai massage before. So ask your family, friends, or coworkers for recommendations and where you can find the spa or clinic.
The good thing about asking people you trust is that they will give you an honest review of their experience.
Businesses are establishing their online presence to reach more customers. So if you’re looking for a Thai massage therapist in your area, Google is your bestfriend. Simple search queries such as “Thai massage therapist in New York City”, “Thai massage in NYC”, or “Thai massage therapist near me” will yield millions of results.
However, don’t just go for the first on the list. Take your time to check different Thai massage practitioners and learn about what they can offer. This will help you determine which one suits you best.
You can also check online directories for local businesses within your area and create a shortlist of potential Thai massage therapists to pay a visit.
The very first step that you should take when looking for a Thai massage therapist is to identify your needs and goals. Over the years, Thai massage techniques have evolved and new approaches have been developed.
For example, traditional Thai massage is characterized by intense stretching and tissue manipulation. On the other hand, Thai Hermit’s Yoga is more centered on breathing exercises and flowing series of stretches.
When you have a clear idea of what you’re after, you’ll be able to successfully narrow down your list of Thai massage practitioners to consider.
Here are other crucial factors to take into account when evaluating Thai massage therapists to trust:
- Qualifications, licenses, and permits- Make sure that the Thai massage clinic or spa is operating legally, and the therapist has the right qualifications and experience. Learn about their education or training background and certifications before booking a session.
- Reviews- Check online reviews to see what past clients have to say about the ambience of the clinic and the skills or attitude of the Thai massage practitioner.
- Location of the clinic- Ask yourself, how far are you willing to travel to get a massage? Don’t forget to consider the location of the clinic, especially if you’re planning to get routine Thai massages for best results.
- Operating hours- We know how busy your days can get. So check your schedule and determine what days and time you’d like to get a Thai massage. Are you only available during the weekdays or weekends? During regular business hours or after? Thai massage therapists have different schedules of availability, so this is also an important factor to consider.
- Personal preferences- Are you comfortable getting a Thai massage from a male or a female therapist? Do you want to get a quiet massage or have a friendly chat during the session? You can also communicate your preferences with the Thai massage practitioner so they can make necessary arrangements or modify their approach accordingly.
Finding a Thai massage therapist in New York is not that difficult, especially if you have access to the internet. However, finding one who can address your needs and provide you with the best experience can be tricky.
Not all Thai massage therapists are created equal– some are more experienced than others and their specializations may also vary. It is still up to you to evaluate and decide who to trust.
If you’re looking for a reliable Thai massage therapist in New York City who ticks all the boxes, you might want to consider ThaiMassage-NYC. They have a team of experienced practitioners with excellent people skills and diverse areas of expertise to cater to the needs of various types of clients.
Check their website to learn more about what they can offer or get in touch with them to schedule a session or book a house call.